On this podcast episode, I converse with Ben Miller, Co-Founder and CEO of Fundrise. We talk about the assorted alternatives and dangers he sees for actual property and inventory traders over the subsequent 12-24 months.
For the a number of years that I’ve identified Ben, he has all the time demonstrated a extra measured outlook than different CEOs and traders I’ve spoken with. Like me, he is in his mid-40s and went by means of the 2000 Dotcom bust whereas working in tech. Then he skilled the true property downturn beginning in 2008 whereas working in actual property.
As a steward of capital, I’d moderately have somebody who’s extra cautious than somebody who will not be. We’re extra fascinated by hitting singles and doubles on our approach to monetary independence moderately than house runs. Avoiding main blowups is without doubt one of the keys to being a profitable long-term investor.
I additionally like Fundrise as a result of we each imagine in investing within the Sunbelt area. In 2016, I wrote the submit, Focus On Traits: Why I am Investing In The Heartland Of America. My thesis was that Individuals would “unfold out” to lower-cost areas of the nation because of know-how. At present, Fundrise predominantly invests in residential and industrial actual property within the Sunbelt area.
Fundrise was based in 2012. It’s a vertically built-in personal actual property platform that manages over $3.3 billion in fairness for over 400,000 traders.
Since 2016, I’ve invested $810,000 in varied personal actual property funds and particular person offers. My major objective is to diversify away from costly coastal metropolis actual property and earn extra passive revenue.
Pay attention To The Podcast Episode With Ben Miller, CEO Of Fundrise
I hope you get pleasure from this deep-dive episode with Ben Miller. Fundrise is a proud associate and sponsor of Monetary Samurai. You may join Fundrise right here and make investments with as little as $10.
- The historical past of the founding of Fundrise
- Financial savings and Mortgage disaster and its impression
- The professionals and cons of being conservative
- Psychological mannequin for figuring out and investing in mega developments
- Prediction of a recession in 2H 2024, “It’s not that you just’re not lively (in a recession), it’s what that exercise is.”
- Why the Fed can’t do its job higher
- Why there is a window of alternative to lend for building loans and refinances
- Capital constraint, not alternative constraint for lending offers
- Why the Revenue Fund seems essentially the most enticing presently
- Why investing in the correct sponsor is every thing
- Why it is extra enticing to put money into worth versus threat at the moment
Be a part of 60,000+ others and join the free Monetary Samurai publication and posts by way of e-mail. Monetary Samurai started in 2009 and is without doubt one of the main private finance websites at the moment with roughly a million natural pageviews a month.